Monday, March 17, 2008

Fun Outing and New Jewelry

Every once in a while it is good to go on an art field trip. It kind of gets the creative juices flowing. That's what I did on Thursday. A local artist had bought some of my jewelry and emailed me and introduced herself. We sent several emails back and forth but had not met in person. She has an event at her house every second Thursday, called Studio Thursdays. I went to my first one last Thursday. Her business is called Silo Studios because their house is built around an old grain silo. It is the most beautiful and unique house that reminds me of a lighthouse. She makes wonderful, whimsical, colorful furniture, signs, and other cool stuff. I had a blast! She also asked me if I want to bring some jewelry to sell next time so I'd better get to work!
Two other new blogs are added to my links today. My daughter-in-law is launching a blog for her jewelry and my son is doing one just for fun.



I have been venturing back into soldering. I haven't done much of it since many years ago when I was doing stained glass so it is taking some practice to get proficient again. Here are some new necklaces that are collages under glass. A couple of them are sold already. Yay!

3 comments:

Steph said...

I just visited Silo Studio site ... love the furniture !
The new jewelry is beautiful ...must be fun to make !

zebrainfusion said...

i love the new little necklaces. did you get to take a picture of the one you gave me? if not, i can take one for you. i wear it all the time, to remind me to have faith. :) thank you again.

Still Waters Studio said...

Isn't that furniture cool? I can't wait to go back and see what else she's come up with.

Valerie, I think I did miss taking a picture of that one. I'd love to have a picture of it.