Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Little R and R

Hi everyone! I was away from my computer for a few days. (That felt really strange.) I'm back, trying to get back in the swing of things. We went to the Tennessee River to spend time with my mom, brother, his kids, and our son and DIL. The weather was great until just as we were getting ready to leave and then it turned ominous.
Here are some collages that my niece and nephew made one night. Aunt Sherry always has some art activity up her sleeve.I think they turned out great. Their mom does a lot of arts and crafts with them, so they are pretty creative.

Here are a couple of pieces of jewelry that I finished last week and a weird little mermaid.



Outside, right next to my deck, is the goose family feasting on clover, while the dogs are ignoring them just a few feet away.

4 comments:

Paul Sears said...

wow - Tenessee river looks beautiful! Reminds me of where I grew up in the Midwest. And those collages - for kids, I'm totally impressed! I love mixed media stuff like that - honestly they are really really cool.

Gina said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time, it's so pretty - and I'm glad you made it out okay! The little kiddies work is really great! I love your new work, and the cuff is so clever and beautiful

robin dudley-howes said...

Hi
I saw a refferal for your blog on vladthebatsattic (whew!) and love your work (just going over to Etsy after this to check out your jewelry). I love childrens art and the collages are so clever.
robin

Jamie Noel said...

Thanks for the sweet comment, nice to meet you! I love your niece and nephew's art. The mermaid is great. I popped into your shop and what great work you have! My favorite is the storybook necklace. I worked as a chlidren's librarian the last few years and love the images from old readers.