Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Medals For Everyday Heroes


I saw that line in a jewelry magazine as a caption under a piece that was somewhat abstract...just a square with different colors. The piece of jewelry didn't speak to me, but the the caption got me started thinking about pins that one might give to someone in appreciation for who they are and what they do, or as encouragement to achieve, so I started making this series of pins/medals. I thought of the courage medal that Oz gave to the Cowardly Lion and the heart that he gave to the Tinman. This is what I've come up with so far.




These will be posted in my Etsy shop.

2 comments:

Julie H said...

Beautiful sentiments and construction - I am sure these will sell well. you have such a lot of fantastic ideas!.

cynthia korzekwa said...

DeLiZiOzO!