Monday, July 19, 2010

Camp Stillwaters



Well...it's not really camp, but kind of like it. Each summer break I get some of my nieces for a few days and do crafts with them. I had one niece last month for a couple of days and we concentrated on sewing. I had a niece and a great niece last week and our main project was painting chairs. Someone had abandoned some chairs on a lot where my son and his wife are building a house and I snatched them up and brought them home because I knew they would make a great project. I think they turned out pretty cute.
We also tie-dyed T shirts and made collages. They spent a lot of time catching tiny, baby toads that are hopping all around our house and we took several rides around the farm on our Rhino. We also took a field trip to a museum nearby and one of them went to the peach orchard with me.

Now it is back to semi-normal at our house...whatever that may be and I have been in a painting mood. Here is one that I finished yesterday.

I also found time to make a bit of jewelry too. The copper and silver toned necklace and bracelet
were inspired by a pair of earrings that I got from my friend and fellow jeweler, Sylvia McAlister.

3 comments:

Gina said...

How do you do all that. It's soooo amazing! and beautiful.

Logo Design said...

Its pretty good :) thanks for this nice sharing....!!!

Jazmin said...

i like the chairs:)