Saturday, October 14, 2006

Art Money


I think that this is an interesting concept. A man named Lars Kraemmer in Denmark came up with the idea of Art Money . Click on the link to read his story. People from around the world have created their own art money. You must send 3 of your money creations to the BIAM
(Bank of International Art Money) where they post examples of each artist's work. You can send them others which they will sell for you. Each art money starts out with a value of 20 Euros ($24 US) and increases 5 Euros per year for seven years. You can spend them with participating businesses for a percentage of your purchase or redeem them with hosts around the world for one night of lodging per art money. Sounds like fun. I couldn't resist. Here is the page with one of my art bills and my profile.

2 comments:

jafabrit said...

that is really cool and I like your new blog :)

Still Waters Studio said...

Your blog was an inspiration for this one. Thanks for the comment.