Saturday, December 09, 2006

New Collage


I did a little collage work today as I was relaxing on a chilly Saturday. This a a collage of my mother when she was about 2 years old. The background script is a letter that my great-grandfather wrote to his wife when he was a soldier in the Civil War. All of the center portion was combined on Photoshop, including the blue cut-out words. That was then glued to decorative papers and highlighted with oil pastels, stamps, hand drawn letters, and vintage buttons. The word "dream" is hand drawn. The yellow heart is a piece of broken tail light that I found in my driveway.
My next task is to curl up on the couch in front of the woodstove with a cup of hot tea and my new Quilting Arts magazine.

2 comments:

Deb Hardman said...

I Love It!

Anonymous said...

Someone I know and love's tail light maybe???LOL