Sunday, October 28, 2007

Florida Fun

Gladys Heron and her Pips

Well I just flew in from Florida and boy are my arms tired. I know... bad joke. That could go along with the ones that the flight attendant was telling as we were taxiing into the Nashville airport.

What did the fish say when he swam into a concrete wall?

Dam!


Where do you find a turtle without legs?

Right where you left him.



How do you make a tissue dance?

Put a little boogie in it.

My very generous sister and her husband had rented a house on Little Gasparilla Island and invited us to come down for a weekend. It was so fun! You have to take a water taxi to the island and the only transportation is golf carts. No stores or restaurants. I took this picture while I was sitting on the dock watching my hubby fish. I kept walking closer and closer to this heron and it just stood there. I guess they know no one will bother them there. While we were on the docks, three dolphins where swimming around. They didn' t stay up long enough to have their picture taken.

I guess that it's back to the real world now.

3 comments:

Julie H said...

That sounds like a blissful space to visit.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photograph! That sounds amazing. *HUGS*

Still Waters Studio said...

It was blissful Julie.
Thanks Angela. Hugs to you too.
Sherry